If you are looking to eat something healthy without getting bored, then this dish is for you. Chicken Saag is super healthy, tasty, and satisfying dish that can be served in either lunch or dinner. This dish requires minimal ingredients and less effort. The main ingredients of this dish are saag, chicken, and garlic. Personally, I love the flavor of garlic, it gives aromatic flavor in any dish, if you follow my blog you will notice almost in every recipe I have either used garlic powder or fresh garlic. Saag is any kind of cooked greens. In this dish, I have used Chinese spinach (Poro leaves) but you can choose your favorite greens for this recipe.
After making this chicken saag I have tried to find chicken saag recipe on the Internet to see, is this recipe exist or not? I did find lots of chicken saag recipe, which is used spinach, heavy cream, and butter. However, here I have tried to make it super healthy by adding only a few ingredients and it still tastes is so delicious.
Making this dish is so easy, first, I have cooked chicken breast with onion, garlic, and some spices. Then add the chopped green leaves and cook it with the chicken and it’s done. This dish can be served with rice/quinoa or any flatbread.
Make this easy, healthy dish and let me know how it went. Feel free to ask me any question related to my recipes. I would love to hear from you.
If you try this recipe, I would love to know how it turned out. Please tag your picture with #tangyhoney on my Instagram or connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. See you very soon in my next healthy recipe. Stay healthy…
You might also like some chicken recipes from the blog-
Here are some vegetarian healthy recipes from the blog-
- Curried Eggplant
- Chickpea saag soup
- Sauteed Mushroom Spinach
- Zucchini fritters
- Banana soup
- Chili soy nuggets
- Chana Masala
Please visit www.tangyhoney.com for more recipe.
Prep. time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes Serve: 2
- Chicken breast: 1 pound
- Chinese Spinach(Poro saag): 1 pound
- Onion: 1 medium size (finely chopped)
- Garlic: 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- Salt: 2 Tsp or as needed
- Cilantro leaves: ¼ cup
Let’s begin: How to Make Chicken Saag with step by step photos –
- Cut chicken breast into small cubes, and mix the spices (a tsp of garlic, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt to taste).
- In a heated pan, add chopped onion, garlic, and green chili. Stir them and let them cook for around a minute.
- Now, add the chicken. Stir them well.
- Cook the chicken on low-medium flame for about 10 minutes.
- Give them a stir in between. In 10 minutes, you will see chicken has released some water and it has been cooked in the same water and started to dry out.
- Then time to add chopped saag and cover it for a minute. you will see saag has been reduced.
- Now give it a good mix and cook it for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and be ready to serve.
- Garnish chicken saag with chopped cilantro leaves and sesame seed.
Serve Chicken Saag With quinoa, rice, or roti
Please follow us on:
Please let us know if you like our recipes and what would you like to see next