Who doesn’t like chicken biryani? It is one of the most known dishes all over the world. Everyone likes biryani, but making biryani at home is time-consuming. Whenever I want to eat biryani I just order it from the restaurant. But not from now. I made instant chicken biryani at home that was awesome and tastes similar to restaurant style biryani. So, guys, I want to share this recipe to make biryani in less time.
There are many different ways to make chicken biryani. But this recipe is faster than other methods and requires less effort. There are only 3 steps in making this instant chicken biryani.
- Cook rice
- Cook chicken with spices
- Combine them both together
I feel it is very easy to make in less time and with fewer ingredients. Chicken biryani can be severed for dinner or lunch. It goes very well with yogurt or any kind of raita.
Try this recipe and please let me know if you like this. Feel free to ask me any question related to my recipes.
If you try this recipe, I would love to know how it turned out. Please tag your picture with #tangyhoney on my Instagram or connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. See you very soon in my next healthy recipe. Stay healthy…
Prep. time: 5 mins Cooking time: 30 minutes Serve: 3
For cooking the rice
- Basmati rice: 1 cup
- Cinnamon stick: 1
- Cardamon: 4-5
- Salt: 1 tsp or as needed
- Water: 3 cups
For cooking the chicken:
- Chicken: 1 pound
- Red chili powder: 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder: 1 tbsp
- Biryani Masala: 2 tbsp (if you don’t have, use garam masala instead of that)
- Salt: 1 tsp or as required
- Ginger: 1 tbsp (minced)
- Garlic: 1 tbsp (minced)
For combining both chicken and rice
- Fried onion: 1 cup
- Milk: 1/2 cup
- Butter: 1/4 cup
- Biryani masala: 1 tbsp
Let’s begin: How to make Chicken Biryani with steps by steps photos-
- In a pan combine water, salt, cinnamon stick, and cardamon.
- Cover the pan and let the water boil.
- Now add the washed basmati rice and stir them.
- Let them cook until rice is 75% done. It will take only 7 to 8 minutes on high flame.
- Turn off the flame and drain the rice from the water.
- Wash and cut the chicken into small cubes. (I used boneless chicken breast, but it can be used either chicken breast or thigh with bone or boneless)
- Add all spices turmeric powder, red chili powder, ginger, garlic paste, biryani masala, salt, and oil.
- Mix all spices with chicken very well. No need to marinate the chicken.
- In a pan heat, 1 tbsp of butter then add the chicken.
- Give it a stir and let them cook on medium heat.
- In approx. 5 minutes, you will see the chicken start separating the water.
- Keep stirring them until water dried out from the chicken. It will take 5 minutes.
- Now it’s time to combine them both chicken and cooked rice.
- First, keep the flame very low and spread the chicken all over the pan.
- Now spread half of the rice on the top of chicken.
- Spread the fried onion, milk, biryani masala, and butter.
- Now do the same process again, which we did before like spread rice first then fried onion, milk, butter, and biryani masala on the top of the first layer.
- Keep the flame low and cover the pan for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, turn off the flame.
- Now, biryani is ready to serve.
Serve Chicken Biryani with Raita or Yogurt.
Please follow us on:
Please let us know if you like our recipes and what would you like to see next