Hummus is a vegan and gluten-free dip, spread, or savory dish made from cooked chickpeas (Kabuli chana) blended with sesame paste, garlic, and lime juice. This classic dip is famous in Middle Eastern cuisine around the world. Hummus can easily found in most grocery stores in America and Europe. I am going to share an authentic, smooth, creamy Hummus recipe from scratch that is easy to make at home with minimal ingredients.
In this recipe, I have used overnight soaked chickpeas, and then pressure cooked them. Make sure chickpeas are overcooked. Once chickpeas are done then drain it but don’t throw the water, which can be used to make hummus smoother. When it’s time to blend chickpeas, always blend the roasted sesame first, so that you will get the ultra-smooth hummus.
Hummus can be served with falafel or tortilla or any veggies dip Or it can use as a spread on a slice of bread or Pita bread.
Do check them out for more Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free recipes. You may like them. If you try this recipe, I would love to know how it turned out. Please tag your picture with #tangyhoney on my Instagram or connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. See you very soon in my next healthy recipe. Stay healthy…
- Cooked Chickpeas (Kabuli chana): 1 cup
- Roasted Sesame seeds: 4tbsp
- Garlic: 5 cloves
- Fresh Lime juice: 4tbsp
- Salt: 1tsp or as required
- Extra virgin olive oil: 4tbsp
- Red chili powder and Roasted cumin powder for garnishing the Hummus
- In a blender, blend roasted sesame seeds first and then add cooked chickpeas, garlic, lime juice, salt, and extra virgin olive oil, blend them all together for about 2 minutes.
- Now, check the consistency, if it is too thick then slowly add the boiled chickpeas water or hot water and blend until you reach the desire silky smooth consistency.
- Spread in a serving bowl and add a generous drizzle of Extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle some red chili powder and roasted cumin seed powder.
- Serve the Hummus as a dip with falafel or tortilla chips or as a spread on pita bread or a sandwich.
Please follow us on:
Please let us know if you like our recipes and what would you like to see next.