Aaloo/Potato Paratha is a type of tortilla or flatbread, made with whole wheat flour and stuffed with mashed potatoes. It is normally served in breakfast with butter in the northern part of India, but it can be served with any meal. It is not only served with just butter, tomato ketchup, or yogurt but also any type of vegetable or meat curry. Aaloo paratha is so appealing and easy to make in less time.
If you try this recipe, I would love to know how it turned out. Please tag your picture with #tangyhoney on my Instagram or connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. See you very soon in my next healthy recipe. Stay healthy…
Prep. time: 15 mins Cooking time: 15 mins Serve: 2
- Wheat flour: 2 cups
- Salt: as per taste or 1/2tsp
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Water: 1/2 cup or as needed
- Potato: 2 medium sized (boiled)
- Turmeric powder: 1tsp
- Salt: as per taste
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Onion: 1 small (finely chopped)
- Green chili: 1 or as per your taste
- Ginger: 1tsp (minced)
- Garam masala: 2tsp
- Cilantro or Coriander leaves: 2 sprigs (finely chopped)
Step 1: To make dough
- In a bowl, mix together flour, salt, and oil very well.
- Knead the dough by adding a few ml of water at a time. Make sure the dough is soft.
- When the dough is ready, coat it with some oil to avoid it from drying.
- Cover the dough, and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
Step 2: To make potato stuffing
- Boil potato and mash them with salt and turmeric powder.
- In a heated pan add chopped onion, green chili, and ginger.
- Cook them together until light brown.
- Now add mashed potatoes and garam masala.
- Mix them well and cover them for about 5 minutes on low heat. Stir it again and leave it for another 5 minutes.
- Now add chopped cilantro, and give them to good stir.
- Turn off the flame and set the filling aside to cool completely.
Step 3: Stuffing, rolling, and cooking
- Divide the dough into small portions.
- Make a small bowl-like shape and stuff a spoonful of potato filling.
- Seal it very gently and roll it out with the help of some dry wheat flour to avoid sticking on rolling pin and board.
- Place it on hot tava pan. Flip it over, apply oil or butter and cook both sides until golden brown.
Serve hot with butter, green chutney or tomato ketchup.
Please follow us on:
Please let us know if you like our recipes and what would you like to see next