Who says no to gajar ka halwa. One of the popular and favorite dessert from northern India. It is said to be originated during the Mughal period and is served worldwide today. It can be served warm or cold, depending on how your choice.
Gajar ka halwa can be prepared in many different ways but the most common ways are to cook the grated carrot in whole milk. The main ingredients are mostly similar (Carrot, ghee, Milk, Sugar, and dry fruits of your choice). Here, I am presenting a recipe that uses minimal ingredients to prepare this awesome, mouthwatering dessert from India.
Do check them out for more Dessert, Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free recipes. You may like them. If you try this recipe, I would love to know how it turned out. Please tag your picture with #tangyhoney on my Instagram or connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. See you very soon in my next healthy recipe. Stay healthy…
Gajar ka Halwa video recipe
Prep. time: 15 mins Cooking time: 40 mins Serve: 4
- Carrots: 1pound (500gm)
- Ghee: 6tbsp
- Whole Milk: 2 cups
- Cardamom powder: 1tsp
- Sugar: 1/2 cup
- Almond: 4tbsp (chopped)
- Cashew: 4tbsp (chopped)
- Raisin: 4tbsp
Let’s Begin: How to make Gajar ka Halwa
- Clean carrots and grate them.
- In a heated pan add ghee and grated carrots.
- Stir them and let them cook for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Now add the milk, cook grated carrot in milk until the milk is reduced and evaporated. This process will take about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Keep on medium flame, and keep stirring it occasionally.
- When the milk dries out, add sugar and cardamom powder, dried fruits, and ghee. Mix them.
- Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Now halwa is ready for serve. Enjoy!!
Please follow us on:
Please let us know if you like our recipes and what would you like to see next.