Palak/spinach Chicken is a healthy Indian chicken curry dish, which is so flavourful and loaded with lots of spinach that make this dish healthy and tasty.
The preparation of palak chicken curry is very simple and requires less time and very few ingredients. For making this dish, first, cook chicken with onion, ginger, garlic, and some Indian spices and then add the spinach puree. The cooking method adopted here is to prepare this dish without adding extra water so the outcome is semi-dry gravy. If you like more gravy/curry, you can add some water in it. I have served Palak chicken with white rice. This dish goes well with any type of flatbread, rice, or quinoa. Find full Palak Chicken recipe with step by step pictures below.
If you like this Palak Chicken curry recipe, you can also try other healthy chicken recipes that you can make in your lunch or dinner. Feel free to ask me any questions related to my recipes. I would love to hear from you.
If you try this recipe, I would love to know how it turned out. Please tag your picture with #tangyhoney on my Instagram or connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. See you very soon in my next healthy recipe. Stay healthy…
You might also like some chicken recipes from the blog-
Here are some vegetarian healthy recipes from the blog-
- Curried Eggplant
- Chickpea saag soup
- Sauteed Mushroom Spinach
- Zucchini fritters
- Banana soup
- Chili soy nuggets
- Chana Masala
Please visit www.tangyhoney.com for more recipes.
Prep. time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 25 minutes Serve: 2
- Chicken thigh/breast: 1 pound
- Spinach: 1 pound
- Onion: 1 medium size (finely chopped)
- Garlic: 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Ginger: 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Green Chili: 2 or as needed
- Tomato: 1 (finely chopped)
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- Cumin seed: 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
- Red chili powder: 1 tbsp
- Garam masala: 1 tbsp
- Salt: 2 Tsp or as needed
- Cilantro leaves: ¼ cup
Let’s begin: How to Make Palak Chicken with step by step photos –
- Assemble all the ingredients and start preparing for the recipe.
- First, Wash the spinach, cook with a pinch of salt, and make a puree.
- Now, roughly chopped onion, ginger, garlic, green chili, and tomato. And grind them together.
- In a heated pan, add cumin seeds and dried red chili (dried red chili is optional here). Allow cumin seeds to creak in the oil.
- Now add the grinded spices paste (onion, ginger, garlic, tomato), turmeric powder and red chili powder.
- Stir well and cook them for about 10 minutes on low flame.
- Now, add the chicken and stir well and let the chicken cook in the spices.
- Cook chicken for about 10-15 minutes in medium flame or until chicken starts separating oil.
- Now, add spinach puree and garam masala powder. Mix them well and cook it for another 5 minutes.
- Now palak chicken is ready. Turn off the flame and garnish it with chopped cilantro leaves.
Serve Palak Chicken Saag with quinoa, rice, or roti
Please follow us on:
Please let us know if you like our recipes and what would you like to see next.