Roasted Chicken Salad is one of the healthy options to add good portion protein and lots of fiber in your diet. This salad has all the necessary nutrients that are required for a healthy meal. Roasted chicken salad is also good for people who want to lose their weight or people who are suffering from diabetes, or of course, people who want to stay healthy and fit. If you are a vegetarian, you can use chickpeas, beans, or daal instead of chicken. I do have shared some salad recipe on the blog. Please do check them out.
Here in this salad, I have used oven-roasted chicken breast. As you know if you use the oven to roast the chicken it takes about 45 minutes. Or for this salad, you can use leftover chicken as well. When I have to make chicken salad I start cooking the chicken first and meanwhile, I chop my vegetables and prepare the salad dressing for the salad.
Chicken Salad is full of so many fresh, colorful, healthy, and delicious ingredients; roasted chicken breast, crunchy lettuce, carrot, cucumber, and moong sprouts. Making salads at home gives you lots of options, such as, to add your favorite vegetables, to add leftover veggies, or to make it more personal by adding your most favorite salad dressing. Here, I just wanna say that you don’t have to add all the same veggies which I have added to my salad. You can choose what you like and what is available at that moment in your freeze. As you know, how easy is to make a salad, just need to assemble all the favorite vegetables, chop them, and mix them together with your favorite salad dressing.
For this salad, I have used thousand island dressing, but if this dressing is not available in your hometown, you can always use homemade garlic lemon dressing. Garlic lemon dressing goes well with any salad. Making this salad dressing is very easy too. It needs only 4 ingredients, fresh minced garlic, lime juice, salt, and olive oil. Mix them well and drizzle them on the salad. You are going to love how fresh and healthy it is and perfect for lunch and dinner.
You might also like more salad recipe from the blog-
Please visit www.tangyhoney.com for more recipe.
Try this super healthy salad recipe and please let me know how it went. Feel free to ask me any question related to my recipes.
If you try this recipe, I would love to know how it turned out. Please tag your picture with #tangyhoney on my Instagram or connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. See you very soon in my next healthy recipe. Stay healthy…
Prep. time: 10 minutes cooking time: 45 minutes Serve: 2
- Roasted chicken breast: 1 pound
- Lettuce leaves: 2 cups (chopped in square shaped)
- Moong Sprout: ½ cup
- Carrot: ½ cup (chopped)
- Cucumber: ½ cup (chopped)
- Salad dressing: (thousand islands) 4 tbsp
- Lime juice: 1tbsp
For roast the chicken:
- Chicken breast: 1 pound
- Red chili powder: 1tsp
- Garlic powder/paste: 1tsp
- Salt: to taste
- Oil: 1tbsp
Let’s begin: How to Make Roasted Chicken Salad with step by step photos –
- Start with preheating the oven at 375℉ for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash the chicken breast well and sprinkle all the spices mentioned above.
- Now, place the chicken in the oven for about 45 minutes at the same temperature (350℉) and remember to flip the chicken breast once while cooking.
- Now, turn off the oven and cut the chicken into a round shape.
- In a large bowl assemble all raw ingredients (lettuce, cucumber, carrot, and moong sprouts), toss them.
- Drizzled the salad dressing on the top and give it a good mix. [Note: it is always a good idea to add salad dressing when you are ready to eat. If you are making a salad for later, you can keep dressing in a separate container.]
- Mix salad dressing very well and serve it immediately with roasted chicken.
Squeeze a tbsp of lime juice on the roasted chicken and enjoy the salad.
Please follow us on:
Please let us know if you like our recipes and what would you like to see next.