These cookies are healthy, crispy, and perfect snacks for toddlers and kids.
These cookies are healthy and wholesome snacks for kids or toddlers. Easy to make it at home and the most importantly, you know what’s in it. These cookies are crispy and easily breakable from a toddler teeth. The best thing about making kid’s or toddler’s food or snacks at home is that you can customize the ingredients, which your baby love or sneak some healthy stuff in it.
The main ingredients for this recipe are flour, butter, sugar, salt, and milk. But, I have tried to make this cookie super healthy. So, I have selected whole wheat flour and roasted oats flour to make this recipe. Here, you can use any flour of your preference to make these cookies.
To make this cookies more wholesome, I have added roasted grind mix nuts flour (Almond, walnut, pistachio, and cashew) and chia seed. These nuts and seeds are really good for young children’s rapid brain development and strengthen the immune system. [Note] Before adding chia seed make sure to soak them in the milk for 20 minutes and then use that milk to make the dough.
Try this recipe, I am sure your toddler will love them. Find more snacks recipe on the blog. If you try this recipe, I would love to know how it turned out. Please tag your picture with #tangyhoney on my Instagram or connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. See you very soon in my next healthy recipe. Stay healthy…
Prep. time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 20
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Roasted oats flour – 1/2 cup
- Powdered nuts (dry fruit): 4tbsp
- Butter: 1/2 cup
- Sugar: 2 tbsp.
- Salt: 1tsp
- Chia seeds: 1 tbsp. (optional)
- Baking powder: 1tsp
- Cold milk: 1/2 cup
- Mix all the dry ingredients wheat flour, oats flour, powdered nuts, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Now, add the room temperature butter and rub the flour with the butter until the butter is well incorporated.
- Once incorporated, the mixture resembles crumbs. Press some flour between your palm, and it should form a shape.
- Now, start adding chia-soaked cold milk, little by little and mix to form a hard dough.
- Cover and let the dough rest for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Preheat the oven to 350 F and Prepare the baking pan lining with parchment paper.
- Now, take the half portion of dough, roll it and shape it with the cookie cutter.
- Bake the cookies for 350°f for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Once they are done, place them on the cooling rack to cool completely.
- Now, these are ready to enjoy!!
- These cookies can be store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Please follow us on:
Please let us know if you like our recipes and what would you like to see next.